2013 Global Investment Banking Valuation Olympiad
in partnership with Greensea Capital
Every year over 5000 candidates participate in the Global Investment Banking Valuation Olympiad which is organized in partnership
with Greensea Capital. The leader of the winning team receives a one-month paid internship as well as a cash prize for the winning team.
Greensea Capital LLP is an independent investment bank with sustainable objective and expertise in green global social domain like
Clean Energy, Agriculture, and Education Sectors. Our team has hands on experience of US$5+billion in transactions across Americas,
Europe, Asia and MENA. The bank has a strong network and execution experience in the following emerging markets: Brazil, China, India, Russia and others.
The teams of candidates participate in a two-stage competition where they get their valuation skills tested to the limit.
The stages are as follows:
- 1st stage: Teams will compete in an Online Business Valuation Test
- 2nd stage: We will select the best 10 teams to take part in the second stage of the competition- a presentation
that will take place in the London office of Greensea Capital
The winning teams will have to assume they work for a leading UK based mid-market M&A advisory firm and they have just
signed an engagement letter with a client to represent them in finding a suitable buyer for their business. They need
to identify a UK based company listed on the London Stock Exchange as a potential client and prepare a presentation.
The presentation will last no more than 20 minutes. The Investment memo should not be longer than 3,500 words excluding appendices.
You are welcome to put Excel based financial numbers to support your analysis as a part of the appendix. The valuation of the company will
be based on their annual report with the help of Excel financial models by the following two methods:
- Value the firm by comparing with its peer group (Comparable comps)
- Value the firm using Discounted Cash Flow Model (DCF) along with both
terminal value methods (Perpetuity Growth method and Exit Multiples)
Only teams of 4 people (precisely) are eligible to register
- The team leader must send the following details:
- Team leader’s full name, email address, telephone number, postal address, university name
- Full name, email address, telephone number, postal address, university name for each team member
- All details must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For ethical purposes all questions must be asked and will be answered in an "open mode" on our